Way behind on the story of the day thing. Too much media consumption. A list:
- “Amanda Said I Should Go to Cuba” by J. T. Bushnell: a clever conceit. This story is a one-trick pony, though it’s a pretty one.
- “Shower” by William Giraldi: lovely. A man finally is true to his feelings, though at the worst possible moment.
- “Sasquatch” by Tao Lin: not my kind of story. Poetic (true to its author), but something is unearned here.
- “Dummy” by Aimee Parkison: grief, mistaken identity, a slip in( )sanity. Funereal.
- Also finished season one of Rome. Eh. The series is rushed, uncareful. Vaguely interesting. Still, I wonder where season two goes from Caesar’s death. He was the best character. I could take or leave Forrest and Bubba*, though the show is really about them.
- Too much theatre, too much dough.
- Coming soon: Hitchcock night.
*Thanks to captain for the Gump connection.